The VDC Engineer works with and supports the project team to develop coordinated 3D preconstruction and construction models, detailed system routing layouts, pre-fabrication shop drawings and component outputs through the use of virtual building models. For this role, this individual will be focusing on a variety of major commercial, healthcare and specialized facility projects throughout the region, will be based in St. Louis, MO and report to the Director of Construction Technology.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Review construction documents to ensure adherence to developed and established specifications and standards.
- Help to identify constructability issues, opportunities for system streamlining and propose solutions and implementation.
- Assist with identifying design change challenges and coordination of changes.
- Model and coordinate HVAC (Ductwork, Mechanical Piping and Equipment) systems and their associated components (duct and pipe specialties, hangers, stands, racks, etc.)
- Act as a resource for field coordination. Create data-rich models to aid visualization for the coordination process and preconstruction planning.
- Utilize point clouds and other field measurements to develop data-rich models of existing conditions, or for use as a coordination tool in retrofit applications, project progress tracking and As-Built deliverable generation.
- Create models, renderings, and animations to illustrate project approach and demonstrate BIM capabilities during pursuits.
- Create build-ready ductwork and piping fabrication document packages and facilitate their transition to field personnel and fabrication
- Act as a project lead on some projects and provide assistance on others
- Follow and adhere to an established VDC Workflow
- Communicate with project team members and assist in developing delivery schedules
- Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in Engineering and/or Construction Contracting
- Experience modeling and coordinating HVAC systems and/or other subcontractor construction trade.
- Proficiency with Autodesk Building Design Suite modeling software – Minimum 3 Years of Revit and Navisworks Manage or equivalent, use experience required
- Experience with use of BIM360 Glue, Procore and other cloud-based coordination/collaboration/model visualization and project information tracking platforms preferred
- Strong spatial visualization acuity and ability to transform design intent schematics into fully coordinated fabrication deliverables
- Basic understanding of mechanical, architectural and structural construction plans and documents
- Knowledge of local and regional code requirements and industry practices is a plus
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet the deadline
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a professional manner
- Self-motivated and forward-thinking, with sound decision-making abilities
Mechanical Solutions, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.