Mechanical Solutions Inc. is the largest minority owned design-build mechanical contractor within the state of Missouri. We specialize in value added engineering and design-build projects, our goal is always to build the most efficient systems for the best value possible. In addition to design-build projects we also are extremely competitive in the plan and spec market.
Our portfolio of projects include, new construction, renovations and remodeling ranging from small office renovations/retrofits, condominiums, restaurants, retail, multi-story commercial offices, higher education facilities, warehouses, laboratories and health-care facilities. We have continually proven our ability and desire to provide the best service for our clients possible. By providing the majority of mechanical requirements in-house, including engineering, 3D-design/BIM coordination, sheet metal, HVAC, refrigeration, and controls, we are a “ONE-STOP” shop for any project.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to manage all subcontractors/suppliers on each project while also directing the Superintendent. The PM is responsible for ensuring that all contracted work is executed in accordance with the company’s policies, including contract documents, budget, schedule, safety, quality control and customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities and Duties
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Manage projects and effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors, suppliers and co-workers
- Participate in the design development process to collaborate and value engineer construction methods to reduce time and cost
- Establish and maintain project schedules and budgets, responsible for overall project delivery
- Ensure contractor compliance of life safety/OSHA requirements are met on all job sites to minimize risk
- Manage submittal process, change order negotiations and contract compliance
- Establish effective relationships and strive for a collaborative team environment
- Provide pricing for changes in project scope
Qualifications and Skills
- Self-motivated and able to lead and motivate team members
- Thoughtful and confident decision making and high ethical standards
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and a high level of professionalism
- Problem solving skills and the ability to think and react quickly under pressure
- Service-oriented approach in working with technical and non-technical business owners and different personality types
- Strong attention to detail and high level of organization
- Reliable, dependable and professional
- 5+ years of experience in HVAC project management
- Design Build and jobsite experience is preferred
- Ability to interpret blueprints, specifications, inspection reports, etc.
- Significant knowledge of construction methods as well as an understanding of municipalities and the permit processes
- Ability to manage subcontractors and vendors
- Ability to negotiate and track change orders with both owners and subcontractors
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at a time
- Ability to direct Superintendent to ensure accurate completion of project scope
- Ability to meet sensitive timelines
- Strong knowledge of Building Code and Safety Regulations
- Strong knowledge of MS Office suite including MS Excel, and MS Project or other Project Management software.
- We are a drug free work place, must be able to pass pre and random drug tests
Competitive salary and benefits package.
Job Type: Full-time
Project Management: 5 years